Auto accidents in Nevada
According to the Nevada Department of Public Safety…
There were 19,294 traffic crashes in 2015:
- 13,253 caused property damage;
- 5,912 caused injuries;
- 129 caused fatal injuries.
DUI was a factor in 918 traffic crashes:
- 12 resulted in fatal injuries;
- 520 resulted in injuries;
- 386 resulted in property damage only.
The top 10 causes of traffic crashes:
- Too fast for conditions (20%)
- Failed to maintain lane (15%)
- Due care/other (13%)
- F0llowing too close (8%)
- Unsafe lane change (7%)
- Unknown (7%)
- Other improper driving (6%)
- Failure to yield (4%)
- Disregard control device (4%)
- Hit and run (3%)
Seat belt use is 94 percent in Nevada and 87 percent nationwide, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The frequency of accidents increased 9.7 percent in 2014, the highest in the U.S. (Property Casualty Insurance Association of America).